SCHEDULE OF MAIN EVENTS RELEASED TO DATE
Thursday 2 May
6pm Launch: PhotoIreland Festival 2019 at The Library Project (Dublin).
Futures Photography Night
• Exhibition Opening: Luis Alberto Rodriguez, The People of the Mud, produced during last year’s Futures residency at Cow House Studios, Wexford.
• Irish Futures 2019: Announcement of the 5 Irish artists that will join the Futures Photography Platform, and will be showcased in Unseen Amsterdam.
Saturday 4 May
12-3pm Critical Academy Photography for Non-Human Entities Seminar with Alan Butler.
Bookings opening soon. Running 4 days: 4-11-19-25 May.
6pm Exhibition Opening: The Invention of Memory at Rathfarnham Castle, with works by Benedetta Casagrande & Leonardo Falascone, Lucie Khakhoutian, Clare Lyons, and Yvette Monahan, curated by Julia Gelezova.
Friday 7 June
5pm Critical Academy Visualising Power Lewis Bush presents his PhD research, an ongoing reworking of John Berger’s 1972 book Ways of Seeing. Bookings opening soon.
Saturday 8 June
10.30am-4pm Critical Academy Open Source Research Methods Workshop with Lewis Bush. Bookings opening soon.
Thursday 4 July
6pm Opening of the Museum of Contemporary Photography of Ireland at The Printworks, with the kind support of OPW; a temporary space for an on-going research project running in this first presentation from 4th to 28th July 2019.
The Museum will launch with three exhibition openings:
• Nadim Asfar, The Mountain, curated by Hester Keijser.
• New Irish Works, presenting works by Aisling McCoy, Cian Burke, Dorje de Burgh, George Voronov, Jamin Keogh, Phelim Hoey, Robert Ellis, Roisin White, Sarah Flynn, and Zoe Hamill.
• Parallel Photography Platform exhibition featuring works by Cihad Caner, Dries Lips, Roisin White, and Jessica Wolfelsperger, curated by Seda Yildiz.
Other events include:
• Tokyo International Photography Competition 2019.
• Book & Magazine Fair, first presented in 2011, with the latest releases by local and international publishers.
• Photobook Showcase, with selected items from the PhotoIreland Collection, Kassel Photobook Award, Photobook Week Aarhus Award, and more.
Friday 5 July
10-4pm Critical Academy Photography and the Museum: Contradictory Histories and Contemporary Perspectives, at the Museum of Contemporary Photography of Ireland. Symposium organised by the research group Photography/Archives/Ireland in collaboration with PhotoIreland. Speakers include Photo-Historian Eleonore Challine, Independent Curator Alison Nordstrom, and Fotomuseum Winterthur digital curator Marco de Mutiis.
5-8pm Photobook Launch: Steven Nestor, Monte Cassino, Published by T&G. Followed up by the launch of the latest titles by T&G. Details to follow.
Saturday 6 July
Afternoon New Irish Works walking tour.
Afternoon Parallel Platform Events & Artists Talks.
Evening Nadim Asfar in conversation with Hester Keijser.
Thursday 11 July
6pm Monica Alcazar-Duarte, The New Colonists and Ascension at Instituto Cervantes de Dublin.
Saturday 20 July
Critical Academy Magic Insta Material A Workshop on Selfies and Portraits for teens with Anna Ehrenstein. Bookings opening soon.
Sunday 21 July
Critical Academy Magic Insta Material at Rathfarnham Castle A Workshop on Selfies and Portraits with Anna Ehrenstein. Bookings opening soon.